Thursday, November 28, 2013

Crazy Weather

I have just boarded the train in Westerly on my way to Trenton.  I got the only seat left and because it is pouring rain I am sitting in the 'drip' seat where water is dripping on my arm like a water torture.  Lucky me.  If I hold my arm behind me it drips on the seat but I don't think I can hold that position for 4 hours!

Nancy and her daughter Abby came up to CT this weekend.  We found a fabulous cider mill where they press cider using a steam engine.


Then we went to lunch in Noank at an old general store that has a 1950's ice cream counter where Abby ordered a strawberry milkshake done the old fashioned way with just ice cream and milk.


After everyone left on Monday I was able to crank up the radio with some serious rock and roll.  I finished painting the room Irv calls the library.  Thank goodness Nancy was here on Monday to help us put together 2 Ikea bookcases-I don't ever want to do that again.  Bad Hemnes!  

In the end, though, the room (and my newly painted shabby chic mantle) look good.




No comments:

Post a Comment